Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CB0703-PCB for "PICkit 2" DIY(Do It Yourself) fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
pk2erroor:unable to enter debug mode +pic16f877a

blueroomelectronics said:
Where do you get the 9V? Most PK2 are USB powered 5V

That LM317 circuit use external power suply, for high amper target boards.
My experinmental boards use Vdd from Pickit2.

For chip programming in zif socket and low power targets ,
I use this circuit in PK2 (using USB power)
This TLV4110 is Rail to Rail / 300mA out ( TI sample aval.)

funnynypd

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
pickit 2 lite pcb

Hi
A general question to all for all PIC programmers and specially PK2 5V version can I connect it to a self powered 3V target board.
Thanks
sadat007

pic18f14k50-icd

sadat007 said:
Hi
A general question to all for all PIC programmers and specially PK2 5V version can I connect it to a self powered 3V target board.
Thanks
sadat007

yes you can program

funnynypd

logic analyzer pickit 2 i2c pull down

what are the eproms for ?

Are they something to do with debugging ?

wizpic

pic16f688 isp header

As far as the EEPROM function, even the microchip guy doesn't give a clear clue. There is lots of "guessing" on Microchip forum.

Microchip has an originall plan, but, so far, there is no implementation on those EEPROMs yet.

Funny

how to program pic24fj64ga002 with pickit 2

wizpic said:
what are the eproms for ?

Are they something to do with debugging ?

wizpic

Microchip say, it is for program without a computer then the EEProm store the firmware to burn and when you press the program buton this firmware is store in your target, but isn't implemented yet.

icsp + pic16f685

sadat007 said:
Hi
Thanks
sadat007
Before you connect both, please check the VPP, make sure it is under the spec of your microcontroller. For most chips, the VPP has a wide range, but you don't want to send a over-voltage to the uc when programmming.

clone pickit

sadat007 said:
Hi
For PK2 I have some questions hope one of u may answer!
1. Can I use 18f2553?
sada007

Have you tried the 18F2553 chipset with the PICkit 2 hex file?
I checked the data sheet of 18F2553, the major difference to a 18F2550 is the A/D converter module.

The configuration bit seems the same.
So I do recommend you do a test if you got the chip, and let everybody know what you find.

Regards,
Funny N.

diy pickit2 clone

funnynypd
I've been looking at your schematic and the original PICKIT 2 schematic and I have noticed that the MCLR pin only goes to the ICSP connector

Is that correct I thought that they needed a 4K7 resistor to VDD for it to work

or is it like the PIC16F628 where you can turn mclr off ?

wizpic

funnynypd

24lc256 + pic24f + program

wizpic said:
funnynypd
I've been looking at your schematic and the original PICKIT 2 schematic and I have noticed that the MCLR pin only goes to the ICSP connector

wizpic

Hi wizpic,
It is very good of you for noticing this kind of small detail. Please check the attached configuration bit for 18F2550 (the line is highlighted).

When mclr bit is turn off, it is only used as VPP pin on the PICkit2 design. That explains why it works.

I believe this is a relatively "new" feature on most of the "recent released" PICs. :D

funnynypd

program pic16f916 via serial port and breadboard?

dsPIC24F said:
wizpic said:
funnynypd

wizpic

Hi wizpic,
It is very good of you for noticing this kind of small detail. Please check the attached configuration bit for 18F2550 (the line is highlighted).

When mclr bit is turn off, it is only used as VPP pin on the PICkit2 design. That explains why it works.

I believe this is a relatively "new" feature on most of the "recent released" PICs. :D

Cool that answered my question, I thought it was a bit strange first time I have come accross that on the 18 series :D

I'm just dying to build it now i have got time on my hands

thanks

wizpic

funnynypd

pic16f785 power supply with eagle

PICkit 2 Programming PIC18F2550 under MPLAB V7.62 with OS 2.10.0

18f14k50 bootloader

PICkit2 program 18F4550 with new released MPLAB 8.00 (powering from PICKit2, OS 2.20.0)

pickit3 clone

sadat007 said:
Hi
For PK2 I have some questions hope one of u may answer!
1. Can I use 18f2553?
2. Please upload/point me the simplest pk2 that u tested.
3. Can I use variable VDD with lm317 and fixed VPP to make a simplest PK2?
4. VDD also fixed with option for other VDD like 3V will be provided on the target board its self.
5. What happed for the data and clock pins if PK2 rinning on 5V and target running on 3V?
thanks
sada007
The PIC18F2553 should work, anybody tried?

funnynypd

connecting to pic18f46k20

Hi,
Can any one tell me what is the standard ISP/ICSP connector and configuration recommended by microchip?

As I noticed that the connector in above PICKIT2 LITE version is differ from EPIC programmer!

Also please conform me that the VDD from PICKIT2 LITE SE is through transistor, will it provide the voltage only during programming or all the time to the target?

As I will receive PCB from my local manufacturer I will test 18F2553 too.

Thanks
sadat007

funnynypd

pic18f2680 pcb

The PICKit2 ICSP pin-out sequence is different than the ICD2, though they are exactly the same ICSP pins.

(Microchip is also selling a converter for PICkit2 to match the ICD2 pin-sequence),

For DIY fans, it is possible to adjust the cable accordingly and make it working.

pickit 2 program pic16f877 breadboard

VDD is controlled with a P-Channel FET, if you use a transistor you'll get a small voltage drop.

connecting dspic30f3014 with pic kit

blueroomelectronics said:
VDD is controlled with a P-Channel FET, if you use a transistor you'll get a small voltage drop.

I mean from Transistor--> FET..........but what I mean to ask that will it only ON during programming? If yes then for continues target board power we have to add another point in the connector for such case. This you can see in EPIC programmer
VDD and 5V two points.

Thanks
sadat007

funnynypd

Status
Not open for further replies.