Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cavity excitation problem, HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impulsownik

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear colleagues!

I'm a beginner in using HFSS. I need to design cavity excited by coax.

I have a few questions about my project.

- Is it possibly to create cavity using an air box and setting a PerfE boundaries on it's walls?
(or maybe every wall should be designed separately from a pec? - I think this model is more complicated)

- If I cut a hole in the box for a coax, what is inside the box?(I mean enviroment, is it still an air?)

- How to excite this cavity?(How to connect the coax?)

- Is it necessary to create radiation boundary?

I tried many options and techniques but it doesn't work.

Two main problems were:
- HFSS calculated the project but output data file was empty
- Problems with triangles on surface

I would be grateful if you can help me, answer these questions or suggest something.

Greetings
impulsownik

Marcin, I tried to reply to your e-mail at address impulsownik@gazeta.pl, but my reply bounced. Please send me a wrrking e-mail address. Or perhaps there is some other explanation fo it bouncing. I have made a fairly extensive reply based on a quick look at your problem. I can post it here if necessary, but I have to get ready for a presentation this morning. - Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back