Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

cascode and cascade amplifier!

Status
Not open for further replies.

electronics_kumar

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
difference between cascade and cascode

very oftenly i was messed up by this question....how to find the differences between Cascode and cascade amplifier... LIST out some prons and cons of Cascade and Cascode amplifier

cascode amplifier

They both refer to arrangements of transistor amplifiers.

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cascode
A cascode is an arrangement of electronic active devices that combines two amplifier stages for increased output resistance and reduced parasitic capacitance, resulting in high gain with increased bandwidth. The cascode arrangement usually refers specifically to the combination of a transconductance amplifier stage with a current buffer stage.

In a cascade, or multistage, amplifier, the output of the first amplifying device (transistor) is fed as input to the second amplifying device, whose output is fed as input to the third, and so on until an adequate signal amplification has been achieved.

difference between cascade and cascode connection

yes i am well aware of the fact both are multistage amp to enhance gain....we are havingCB,CE,CC .out of this which will form cascode and cascade..that i want to know

cascade cascode

common base and common emitter can be combined to give a cascode

master notes on diff between cascade and cascode

Cascade amplifier is nothing but a multi stage amplifier in which a no. of stages are cascaded to get higher gain w/o degrading the signal swing at o/p..
Cascode amplifier is cascading the Cs and Cg stages to get higher gain..

Hi what about this circuit, (i got this circuit in the internet) and wonder what kind of connection is this? i think this is cascode right? But can we determine if this is CB CE CS connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back