Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Career Advice needed; URGENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhiverma812

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello experts,

I am Abhishek. I have done my under graduation in Electronics and Communication in 2009. Since then I am working with Ericsson as telecom engineer. However, I am more inclined to work with Electronics Industry. During my college days I have worked on 8 bit Micro controllers and made 5 to 6 small projects. I am thinking of doing Masters from US, but confused which courses to take to end up with job in electronics. Please help me as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance.
Abhishek

Hi abhi,

since you are already into the industry you can trust your instincts to choose the right course..your work experience will serve you well in identifying your strengths as well as your interests.

Anyway I suppose wireless embedded domain might be of interest to you.

All the best..

Hello Abhishek,

I have similar background like you have. I did and MSc in Digital electronics which I have not regreted at all. However, looking at software as well is something that career-wise may also be very useful.

Good luck whatever you choose.

Hi Abhishek,

I was in a similar condition. I used to work with a french telecom company as a telecom engineer in India but i was interested in electronics. All the telecom companies in India only want dumb humans who will sit in front of the servers with little or no information about how the server works. They want people to work on the application rather than to build anything for the server. It was a frustrating experience for me although they paid really well. When I decided to switch to electronics, i studied and brushed up on electronics till i was ready to give an interview. I decided to start my career with a small company , and my decision has paid of well. Money was less but job satisfaction was close to 90%. I am into design of electronics hardware and pcb and very much into firmware too. Now i am looking forward to a PG in IC design.Before u go for an MS i would suggest you to first do some work for for an year so that you will understand your liking and interest and that will help u to choose ur specialization wisely. In electronics practicals matter a bit more than theoretical and conceptual understanding.

Hello SOC_PG,

Thanks for replying. I am currently doing my Masters in Computer architecture design from US.

Best Regards,
Abhishek

Status
Not open for further replies.