Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Car Parking System Using Wireless Sensor Network FYP

Status
Not open for further replies.

lengoanhcat

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
fyp related to wireless sensor networks

Hey guys, I am opening this topic because I really interest in car parking systems and wireless sensor networks. Beside that, this topic is chosen for my FYP and I keenly want to produce some practical results.

After two days of surfing internet and collecting materials, I find out that there are a few research centers who also conducts similar research projects

Research Centers

SmartPark (**broken link removed**) from School of Computer and Communications Science in EPFL (http://ic.epfl.ch/)

Commerical Company

Vehicle Sense (http://www.vehiclesense.com/website/index.html) - a car parking system service company. However, I do not think their systems are absolute autonomous and mobile.

StreetLine (**broken link removed**)

Vehicle Sense and Streetline products are quite similar in design strategy. They use a sensor equipped on parking spaces which transfer information to a base for communicating to its sever by radio wave. To me, these systems are not sophisticated.

What I want to do

I want to design a system which uses wireless adhoc sensor network to manage parking cars in crowded city centers. Therefore, I prefer the direction of SmartPark Projects.

However, one big problem got I . What suitable part I could handle for an undergraduate FYP research. It is important to me because I do not want to be in a situation that I propose the project but I won't be able to finish it. Up to now, I think I have two subtopics inside the big project:

Hardware Design

Designing a hardware design capable of sensing a car and communicating with other sensors through wireless networks. I have found projects similar to this in some ways, for example

SmartDust Project (**broken link removed**)
GNOMES
http://www.ece.rice.edu/~cavallar/cmclab/
DSYS25z sensor
**broken link removed**

Software Design

In this part, there are very general ideas in my mind. Maybe, I can help to develop some car parking management algorithm or an effective strategy for using limited enery sources for mobile sensors.

If you have any ideas, recommendations, references, anything relating to this project, please post this in this topic. All your posts will help me a lot

If you guys have no ideas about that topic, you can say "hi", "good luck", etc. At least, you and I have one more friend.

Cat Le

Best Regards

research carparking

Hi Cat Le.

Shall we reactivate this topic. Lately i come across this thread.
What is your opinion about Magnetic Zigbee Embedded Sensor. Idea is same as DSYS25z sensor (But big ? is power supply Zigbee can survive with normal battery for years but how to manage Sensor + Controller for long time).
Receiver Module with embedded Web Server Integrated with Database Server.
I have an Idea in my mind i will put it Graphical Presentation soon if we move on further with this topic.

Your comments Please
with regards
Pcup

Status
Not open for further replies.