Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

car ignition timing light

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghettoman

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i would like to built this stuff to fine tune the ignition advance.anybody has some links?all i can find was poor schematics and no details.

thanks

Noroc ghettoman!

Look at this link, it is on Russian but scheme is comprehensible:

https://dimasen.narod.ru/pribor/012.htm

If you will need details of transformer, I will translate it to you.

73! klug.

tnak you for your post.it`s realy helpfull.the translation will be useful to.the translation made by altavista sucks.

thanks

tnak you for your post.it`s realy helpfull.the translation will be useful to.the translation made by altavista sucks.

thanks

thanks

Hi ghettoman!

Short translation:

Device is supplied by 12 V of a car. The voltage of 250V to the photo-lamp is making by converter. Flashing impulse is coming from sparking-plug of first cylinder (*** You can see this wire in the center of bottom of picture 1***).
012-2.gif

Transformer is made on magnetic iron core of "m" or "ITI" type with dimensions 16x20 (*** I do not know how to translate type of iron core ***).

Coil 1 and 3 are winded together by copper wire of 0.5 mm diameter - they have 21 turns each.

Coil 2 has 7 turns of 0.15 mm wire and it is winded in two parts. Beginning of second part is end of the first - these parts are winded together. (*** It is not comprehensible if there are 7 turns in every half or in two halfs together ***)

Coil 4 has 500 turns of 0.2 mm wire.

C2 & C3 with paper dielectric have 400 V max voltage.

R1 - wire type.

To use this device, link flash wire to sparking-plug of first cylinder (with non working engine!!!), then connect supply to 12 V source of a car. Then start your engine and makes your adjustments .

Sorry for possible mistakes on my ugly translation. Ask me questions - I will try to explain.

Best Wishes! klug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back