Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Capture CIS to Orcad PCB Editor Footprints

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwestcobb

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
capture cis pcb

Hello,

I have recently acquired Orcad PCB Designer with the CIS Capture Option. I'm having troubles transferring my schematic into the editor. The problem seems to be that the databse parts that I am using have Orcad layout PCB footprints and I need Allegro footprints. Does anyone have a solution to this? I know you can buy an additional PCB library, but I am not willing to do that because this project is for evaluation purposes as of now. Is there a way to convert the Layout footprints to Allegro footprints? Or are there any free downloads of Allegro PCB footprint libraries that could possibly solve my problem. I found a Digikey starter library but the files are in .mdb format and I need them in .llb format.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back