Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Capacitor value and voltage rating

Status
Not open for further replies.

deJong

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Enthusiasts!

I have this capacitor, please see image, but I want to verify if this is really 10uF. But the voltage rating is confusing... this is used as RC (in parallel) connection from MOSFET output. MOSFET is rated at 550V.
106K 100A - picture marking

Please help me verify.

Thanks!

deJong

I am facing the same issue here. Anybody can help us solve this? thanks in advance..:thumbsup:

There is no picture in your post...

It is 10uF only as per the code. explained below

Looking at your capacitor you said its marked with 106K, this should be read as follows, 10 times the value that corresponding to the 3rd number, in this case 1000000. So 10 * 1000000 = 10000000 pF = 10000 nF = 10uF with the K meaning a 10% tolerance. A second letter will be a temperature coefficient if its present. Judging by a capacitors size and type, you will quickly learn to determine if the value on the capacitor is given in pF, nF or uF.

If a capacitor is f.ex. marked 2A, the capacitance is decoded as described above, the two first signs is the voltage rating. 2A is 100VDC rating according to the EIA standard.

Reactions: deJong

deJong

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.