Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

capacitor in dc with proteus vsm

Status
Not open for further replies.

zakaka

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
why the voltage accross capacitor in simulation by proteus don't mathe to the voltage calculated manualy using this laws :
-\ Q = V C
-\ Q is the same in the different capacitor in serie
thanks

it all depends on how you are connecting the capacitors. which software are you using?
some times the simulation softwares can't simulate all the things properly. all simulation softwares have some weaknesses that may have due to their programming weaknesses.

Reactions: zakaka

zakaka

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Simulation softwares are design to give the output of your circuit nearer to what your actual hardware will give. Simulation Model of components in proteus usually have many parameter other than mentioned in the equations.

Reactions: zakaka

zakaka

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
thanks so much but i would ask you
if , for example i have 3 capacitors connected in serie with 4 V dc source , when i get the equivalent capacitance ( = ((1/C1) + (1/C2) +(1/C3))^-1) and after multiplying it by V ( 4V ) i will get the total charge (Q t ) given to the circuit ,,,,,,thene whene i calculate the voltage accrosse each capacitor ,,,,CAN i make this equation (Vi = Qt / Ci ) taking in mind that the charge given to it is the same given to each one and of Q t ,,,,,,,,or there is another way to calculate the voltage Vi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back