Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

capacitor for series resonant inverter

Status
Not open for further replies.

enea

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
series resonant inverter

Hi, I'm trying to build an inverter that uses series resonance in order to achieve soft switching, the problem is that I need a capacitor of 0.33uF that can withstand a voltage of 320Vrms at 50 kHz. I have not much experience and I couldn't find any capacitor that could fit in this circuit. Do you know if there is such a capacitor?

Thank you
Enea

resonant inverter pdf

There are only a few capacitor types that offer a sufficient current handling, mainly MKP snubber and GTO capacitors. You may need however a parallel circuit of multiple capacitors to handle the 33A current.

enea

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
calculate series resonant capacitor

i found this capacitor **broken link removed** i can use 10 capacitors 22nF/2000VDC/500Vrms to obtain 0.22uF but there is no mention about the current. Another question is if it's reasonable to have so many capacitors in parallel...
Thank you

The maximum Vrms versus frequency chart also gives the current capacity. If you don't find a suitable type, that gives the required capacitance and current in one or two parts, the parallel circuit is probably the most simple variant. The large surface allows a good transmission of dissipated power.

enea

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
ok, thank you :)

hi, i'm trying to build an inverter with high voltage 300V,what is the suitable n-channel and p-channel mosfet should i used?...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back