Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

capacitor capacitor.................

Status
Not open for further replies.

veenashree89

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
2 capacitors c and c/2 is.. connected in parallel which are charged to 5v and -5v respectively...
wat is the voltage accross capacitor

2 capacitors c and c/2 is.. connected in parallel which are charged to 5v and -5v respectively...

what i answering may be correct.......not exactly sure.....after analysing this circuit...i understood that the voltage will vary for some time....

if you connect a 10k of load to the parallel capacitors it will tries to discharge for some duration.

For example, consider c1 as 10uf then c2 will 5uf then when u connect this to a 10k ohms of load it will tries to discharge in opposite directions.
since t=RC, c1 tries to dicharge in 10u X 10K = 100ms
c2 tries to dicharge in 5uf X 10K = 50ms
c1 discharge in one direction and c2 discharge in another direction.
so...voltage is nothing but potential difference. so until 50ms the voltage across the load will be 0v.
After 50ms sec the c1 has some charge that will be delieverd for another 50ms as 5v....

this is my own analysis i am not sure about the answer.

Charged capacitors are connected in parallel means nothing but two voltage sources are connecting parallel

it is totally depends on internal Resistance of that capacitor if the both the capacitors similar the voltage is zero
if the different then it depends on respective capacitors ESR values i hope this answer may correct upto my knowldge

2 capacitors of different capacitances-one is +5V another is -5V.

Please do me a favour .Draw the circuit on paper.Take a pic and attach.

the prime concern i find is can voltage sources be connected in parallel manner

next i want a schematic i think there will be discharge from each cap but can't say more with out a pic of the ckt

at the time of charging.JPG

above figure is for during charging capacitor when both are connected parallel with same type capacitors

charged capacitors connected in parallel.JPG

when connecting two charging capacitors connected parallel the result value between capacitors zero.

And one more thing if you apply KVL rule then also the result between the capacitors zero.

Last edited:

KVL provides the sum of the voltages which tend to cancel each other
in the case of this

as parallel combination the effective charges get summed and so when the ckt is closed the charge gets distributed uniformly resulting in 0 V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back