Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Capacitance meters - accurate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Capacitance meters

Hi,

Instead of buying the above mentioned multimeter, i would suggest u to go for Agilent Multi meter. In that you have all the features like voltage, current, diode, capacitance, resistance, temperature.

Re: Capacitance meters

Hi,

Instead of buying the above mentioned multimeter, i would suggest u to go for Agilent Multi meter. In that you have all the features like voltage, current, diode, capacitance, resistance, temperature.

I have compared the capacitance measurement accuracy of an Agilent handheld Multimeter (U1231A), and it seems that it is similar to the dedicated capacitance meters I posted links to above?

Plus, the Agilent Multimeters are much more expensive!

I was thinking about purchasing an all-in-one Multimeter but surely, a dedicated capacitance meter would be more accurate?

What need do you really have? Usually a capacitor has it's value already marked.
I have an LC meter but I rarely use the C.

I have **broken link removed**device and it is accurate when checking with a 2.5% tolerance capacitor in the hundred pF range (and that is enough accuracy for me). It measures at a frequency of
a few hundred kHz.

What need do you really have? Usually a capacitor has it's value already marked.
I have an LC meter but I rarely use the C.

I have **broken link removed**device and it is accurate when checking with a 2.5% tolerance capacitor in the hundred pF range (and that is enough accuracy for me). It measures at a frequency of
a few hundred kHz.

My requirement is to test capacitors in circuit when fault-finding and also loose capacitors from stock to ensure they aren't way-off their marked value.

The LC-100S looks like a good unit with 1% accuracy?

I've not tested in-circuit but yes, it seems fairly accurate from the few times I've used it.

I'm not sure, it looks like it may internally contain the same board, with a battery supply. The specs look identical at
first glance. Personally I'm happy with mine, it is powered by USB, and I always work with my laptop nearby anyway,
to power it.

in my opinion,for circuit debug,a dedicated capacitor meter is more free.You don't need to change function switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back