Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

cap/trans violations and DRC violations (using synopsys - IC Compiler)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ee1

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
i am new to ICC and would like to get some help in 2 issues:
i am now after post route and have 2 problems:
1. have ~ 100 transition violations and ~10 capacitance violation.
2. have ~450 DRC violations:
End of line spacing, Diff net spacing, Short, Fat wire via keepout enclosure, Special notch spacing, Less than minimum area, Diff net via-cut spacing, Edge-line via spacing, Same net via-cut spacing, Less than minimum edge length.

i wanted to know if there are any commands (with different flags maybe) that is worth try running before fixing them manually, i am asking for the cap transition and drc violations..

Many thanks.

You should try using "focal_opt". I think it'll take care of some max trans violations.

Reactions: ee1

ee1

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
DRC violations will be better fixed by changing the cell layout the notch errors are because of the irregular height of the layers in different cells

Reactions: ee1

ee1

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi,

use focal_opt with drc_pins and drc_nets switches to fix your maxcap and max trans violations.
use can specify the violation as a file or as "all".

thanks.

thank you all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back