Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can't start Linux after installing Windows 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

zio_nneo

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
last time I have installed the linux. After one and two days later I have installed the window 2006. After completion of the instalation linux couldnt start. How can I start linux without installing it again.

Re: LINUX problem

use any linux livecd that you have and continue the usual installation process and that cd will bring the linux have already installed to the bootlog.....

regards
anand

You can load from boot CD.
There exict option "linux rescue"

Loading the command string

And installation GRUB is command grub-install /dev/sda...

That's all :)

LINUX problem

what the error appeare?

LINUX problem

I second Shurik.

Normally the easy/right way to create multi-boot system is to first install windows and then linux.

Because windows goes and overwrites the bootloader with its own.

Now that it has happend, you need to boot into linux using some livecd, and reinstall the bootloader that came with your distro (usually Grub).

When you install windows it rewrites the MBR so your GRUB will not be detected you can search the net(recovering grub after installing windows) you will find a lots of them and being specific in the flavour of the linux used will be even more usefull.I think you will have to put in the linux cd you used for installation and type some commands which you can find from the net .

Status
Not open for further replies.