Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can't seem to make my MikroProg programmer work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superdude_123

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
As per the attached picture, I've built Fig 10-2 on P21 of **broken link removed**, and I can't seem to make it work. I've presently joined the 10K resistor and the yellow wire that leads to MCLR with alligator cable (not shown) together (to complete the circuit). Every time I try to program my 16F877a chip with my MikroProg programmer, I always get a Vpp voltage error as being too low (~9 V when its expecting 12 V). My question is, why is it that after building the circuit as shown in the figure, does it still not work?

I've traced all the 2x5 male header pins to the DIP pins, and everything tested perfect (skipped the caps). I'm using ceramic capacitors (4x 47.3 nF).

Could it be possible that my PIC chip is dead or damaged from static electricity? I have doubts that my programmer is bad, but this is really my 2nd try with it.

Attachments

• board.jpg
    board.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 77

10K & I'm using four 47.3 nF caps.

Why you use these parts ? 8-O

Use manufacturer recommended circuit from page #21. Two 100nF capacitors and nothing else.

On page #13 you can see IDC10 connector pins.

Please follow manufacturer instructions for product usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.