Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can't receive data from DSP through serial communication (UART, 115200 baud rate)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprao

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My system having P-3, 450Mhz. I am not able to receive data from digital signal processor through serial communication (UART, 115200 baud rate).
Is it sufficient to run serial communication of 115200 baud rate with the above system configuration? If yes, how to debug and fix the above problem.
Please help me.
Thanks.

baud rate uart

sprao said:
My system having P-3, 450Mhz. I am not able to receive data from digital signal processor through serial communication (UART, 115200 baud rate).
Is it sufficient to run serial communication of 115200 baud rate with the above system configuration? If yes, how to debug and fix the above problem.
Please help me.
Thanks.

can you tell me how the communication is established here in DSP.
i mean if it is same as MCU serial commuincation. then you need to make sure that buad rate @ both the end must be same.

BTW, for serial commuincation the you should first try with 9600kbps.

uart baud rates

which DSP you are using. does it have a UART interface or is it a soft UART

uart baudrate

Blackfin processor we are using and it has in built UART module. Just we have to configure it for the specified baud rate. In 9600 baud rate it is working but for 115200 it is not.

uart baud

sprao said:
Blackfin processor we are using and it has in built UART module. Just we have to configure it for the specified baud rate. In 9600 baud rate it is working but for 115200 it is not.

have synchronised buad rate @ both the ends.
please check it..

uart 115200

At the PC side how are you receiving the data. hyperterminal or custom written software. Now try sending 0x55 continuously through the UART and check for a perfect square wave(freq will be 115.2kHz/2) at the output of the TX pin of the UART in the processor. Then move towards PC side

usart baud rate

be sure that baud rate is the same at both sides

baudrate uart

I am using same baud rate at the both ends and I am using custom written software. Same hardware is working on other PCs which having processor operating frequency 800MHz and above. I have tried it. But, it is not working on my PC (450MHz Processor freq). Is it a problem related to processor frequency?

baud rate usart

Hi,
P3, 400 MHZ is not the problem. You may be having two serial ports in your machine and may be changing the buadrate of the unused one? Check after changing the baud rate, is it still working at 9600 baud.
Regards,
Laktronics

serial communication above 115200 baud

The MAX232 type chip you are using may not be capable of handling that baud rate. Check its spec sheet out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back