Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cant plot the Fields inside a Magnetron Cavity using HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goher

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All,

Thanks in advance for reading my post. I'm doing a simulation for the operation of the "Magnetron" High Power Amplification Device cavity using the HFSS V. 9 and V. 9.2.

My problem now is that i couldn't draw the electric field distribution inside the cavity and i need any one help in that, considering that i succeeded completely in drawing the geometry and i also succeeded in finding the resonance frequency related to each mode.

Each time i try to plot the field inside the cavity, the field distribution colored map pops out but nothing appears in the associated plane that i need to express the field.

Please guys, give me a help if you can because I'm stuck and i can't go further in my research.
e-mail: m_goher@yahoo.com
thanks a million,
Goher

Hi Goher,
I have the same problem when i want to plot fileds under the p@tch in a microstrip antenna. my problem was that i had selected upper face of microstrip p@tch instead of its lower face (or upper face of your dielectric). so i guess your mistake is that you select external face of your cavity instead of its internal face.
regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back