Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can't by-pass Bios (can't even see my bios)

Status
Not open for further replies.

agbey

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have not been able to boot pass my bios, in fact can't even see it though i do not have any password there.my os is ubuntu the size of my ram is 256mb with a processor of 3gb. What could possibly be the cause? Please help!:-|

Why u donot try Windows XP?

First installed XP and Then push the your bios button (F1 or F11 whatever).

When you say "can''t even see my bis" do you mean you can't see anything at all on the screen when you switch on?
The BIOS is the software that runs BEFORE and during the operating system is loaded so if you are getting as far as seeing the Ubuntu start screen the BIOS is not at fault.

(Off topic - why on Earth would anyone want to use XP in preference to Linux 8O )
Brian.

I think it is not a OS problem or any software problem,It's due to Hardware problem.
Open your CPU and clean it very carefully.Remove the RAM and Processor clean it and fix it again.
Now remove the bios battery and fix it again after cleaning it.
Now START your system to use.

If this trick not works then quickly show your PC to technician.

thanks. what I meant was that I do not see my bios. All I see is a blinking cursor.

---------- Post added at 16:53 ---------- Previous post was at 16:50 ----------

Thank you. I have done all that but to no avail. I will have to opt for the 2nd option.

thanks. what I meant was that I do not see my bios. All I see is a blinking cursor.

---------- Post added at 16:53 ---------- Previous post was at 16:50 ----------

Thank you. I have done all that but to no avail. I will have to opt for the 2nd option.

first of all your PC is ok (boot & running your OS).
2: good practice is that you should read your BIOS manual which will guide you how and which key will open your bios or you can search & browse your M\board support web.
3: turn off your PC locate a jumper (normally near your PC Battery) named "Bios Config " which will be at Normal, change i to Config, now start your PC it will automatically load your bios mode, when finish, turn off and change back the jumper.
4: (NOT A GOOD IDEA) Remove the Battery for a few moments or short the contacts will clear the bios settings when powered again PC will prompt for bios.

---------- Post added at 11:19 ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 ----------

Why u donot try Windows XP?

First installed XP and Then push the your bios button (F1 or F11 whatever).

How the hell someone can repair BIOS & H\ware problems with XP?????????????

HI,
it 's because of bios file corrupted related problem . better update/ re load bios file first.then check your ram, mother board cap's bulged.

HI,
it 's because of bios file corrupted related problem . better update/ re load bios file first.then check your ram, mother board cap's bulged.

kalimuthu! Bad or corrupt bios will not let OS to be loaded. which seem not the case here.

Last edited:

If you have a boot floppy try with that. only thing is try to reload the OS again

---------- Post added at 16:33 ---------- Previous post was at 16:32 ----------

do you get any beep sound after power ON..

what the O P says? he is comfortable enjoying without participation.

Thanks but how do i reload my bios?

1. clean your pc with blower and paint brush to remove some dust.
2. after cleaning, remove all the load supplies (hard disk,cd/dvd rom) so that only mobo has the supply.
3. turn on your pc, and press "DEL" key of your keyboard (other pc use F1,F10,F2 keys) to enter in BIOS set up menu.
4. if this not work, let me know your mobo model, brand....

Status
Not open for further replies.