Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cannot write to PIC microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

azaz104

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I can read from the PIC microcontroller using PICKIT2 ( read the HEX files) but I cannot write to the target board, Can someone help me find out what's wrong?

Best Regards to you all

Some programming operations require a minimum Vdd (e.g. 4.5 V with 18F4550).

hi,

You need to tell us a lot more about what you have.

What chip you are using, is it in a dedicated programming socket or part of an existing circuit , if it is on a pcb or breadboard etc , etc.

Before that, you should use your test meter and run the Pickit2 Tools, Diagnostics to see if the lines are working correctly.

If you are running ICSP then remove the chip to a dedicated socket to see if it works connected direct to the Pickit2.

Also ensure you have the correct / original length usb cable and that the wires from the Pickit2 to the target chip are short.

Status
Not open for further replies.