Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cannot simulate differential inductor after inserting to VCO

Status
Not open for further replies.

shirin_br

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Differential Inductor

I am using Momentum to design a differential inductor and then use it on my VCO design in ADS. The problem is when I insert my designed inductor to the VCO, the inductor blockes the transistors so that the simulation would temirnate due to not knowing the transistors model. Anyone has a solution or idea about this??

Re: Differential Inductor

the error that the simulator doesn't see the transistor models is not affected by the inductor model
so try to include ur transistor models correctly

wish this help
khouly

I have already done this. The thing is the circuit is being simulated with any other inductor but mine. Thus I thaught it is the inductor's problem.

There could be many reasons for this. Zap your ADS project files and upload them here so we can take a look.

The circuit is working now. I can not describe why but I just copy and paste the inductor to another page and insert it to the circuit and suddenly starts working.
But thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back