Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

cannot match operand(s) in the condition to the corresponding edges in the enclosing event control of the always construct

Status
Not open for further replies.

chyavanphadke

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I wrote a Verilog code for DE-10 Lite in Quartus Prime, I am getting the error it says "cannot match operand(s) in the condition to the corresponding edges in the enclosing event control of the always construct". Can you please help?

Code:
module DemoBlink (

input clk, rst,

output [9:0] LED

);

reg [24:0] counter;

reg [9:0] temp;

initial begin

temp <= 1'b0;

counter <= 0;

end

always @ (posedge clk or posedge rst) begin

if (!rst) begin                                                          // Error is in this line

temp <= 1'b0;

counter <= 0;

end else begin

counter <= counter + 1;

if (counter == 8'd25000000) begin

temp = ~temp;

end

end

end

assign LED[0] = temp;

endmodule

Last edited by a moderator:

verilog synthesis uses the sensitivity list and code to determine clock vs reset. This avoids the need for an "if rising_edge(clk) then" line.

so in this case, you have "posedge rst" which doesn't match the "if (!rst) begin".

verilog synthesis uses the sensitivity list and code to determine clock vs reset. This avoids the need for an "if rising_edge(clk) then" line.

so in this case, you have "posedge rst" which doesn't match the "if (!rst) begin".
@@vGoodtimes, thanks for the explanation. I understood and did accordingly it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back