Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cannot Install WinXP on My Desktop PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

fullforce

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i know this sounds absurd but i actually cannot install windows xp sp2 on my Dell Optiplex 330 which has hi specs...

It uses SATA mode Drivers. Whenever i install windows, it reaches a point where it suddenly hangs then displays the annoying 'BLUE SCREEN' then restarts!!

I know you guys will be tempted to say that the problem could be the XP installation cd but i have used different kinds. The machine was initiallly made for windows XP.

I really dont know what to do coz its really delaying my work, i have consulted DELL Techs but my efforts turn out fruitless...

Has anyone experienced such a problem, if so please advice me on how to solve it.

Am open to any suggestion, even if its to use LINUX and able to put a virtual machine for Windows XP which will eventually boot on XP ignoring LINUX, so you work with Windows under LINUX:! I dont know how to do this...if its possible ::cry::|:cry:

SATA drivers are not included in XP.
There are some tools available to include these drivers into the XP CD.
Search the net for 'xp-iso-builder' or 'n-Lite'.

I guess, you have 3 options.

1. You can consult Dell for technical support, (which you have done) but try once more.

2. Get your BIOS refreshed/reinstalled.

3. Install VMWare (Linux Version) on Linux and create a virtual machine on it and then install Windows XP SP2 on that Virtual Machine.

You can consult for further queries.......

Regards,
Kashif

Hey guys thanks alot, but am afraid that i have done all this...the Virtual Machine part of it, i have done-but wanted a solution whereby even if i have installed LINUX(to be specific UBUNTU) and a windowsXP virtual machine, i can be able to boot the Windows VM first, as if initially installed windowsXP. Hope you understand what i mean...

Pls help coz this issue is really holding me down

Regards

FULLFORCE

This is a problem in your RAMs. it cannot bear the loading of XP. you may get a bigger RAMs for your PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.