Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cannot install operating system in the hard disk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how the only post modded "helpful" in this thread so far, indicates an issue that's NOT the problem here. While posts #2, #3 and #7 already identified the problem & solution.

If POST screen identifies the disk okay, that means that SATA controller is already enabled & sees the drive, right? So no need to change BIOS settings @ this point.

Windows XP install CD doesn't recognize SATA disks by default, that's still true for SP3 release. You need an install CD with SATA drivers integrated, either made yourself by modifying an ISO image of install CD you have, or .iso obtained elsewhere that has SATA drivers integrated.

Or, if you can connect a floppy drive: Copy XP drivers for the SATA controller on your motherboard to a floppy, and when you see the option to load additional drivers during the install (F6?), insert that floppy to have the installer load the SATA drivers & recognize your harddisk. It's clumsy procedure but not rocket science... :smile:

I think you should try to check your hard disk, because same problem comes with my PC when i installing Windows 7, i thought that hard disk is good but when i take my PC to repair it is found worst(Bad sector errors were found). Thus i have to purchase new Hard Disk, and now my PC is going well.

@aneesholv
why not try with another bootable XP Pro SP2 CD
there are a lot of bootable CD's available in the market with SATA drivers integrated

Hi,

Use MS Windows XP with builtin SP3 and SATA drivers. Your problem is in SATA drivers. I supose Win OS is licensed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back