Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can you update or reprogram a operation system in a PDA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dansk

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Slt all,
It is possible to update or reprogram a operation system in a PDA (Palm OS or WinCe)?
Bye
DansK.

Of course you can, almost all PDA has this
feature.

i don't know the other but in compaq ipaq you can do it ... but you need the third party tools ... like you want updqte ipaq wince with linux you must see at **broken link removed**
or
https://www.handhelds.org/

thx

Slt All,
If anybody have Sony Clié ROM image, i'm interested!!.
Thanks.
DansK.

I upgraded my clie 300 from palmOS 3.5.1 to 3.5.2 last week.

No idea about palm 4.0 coz I couldn't get this for free :wink:

im still interested on ppc2002 cd, or wince warez,serialz, or something, mail me please: chris_sall@gmx.at

I have the full 2002 update for the Ipaq but you will need to give me a place to upload as it is approx 16 meg.

let me know!

Enigma460

Any idea about HP Jornada (525,54x...)?
TIA

Cheers :wink:

any good link to dl pda software

hai,

any idea making pda device ie hardware and porting os

:roll: :roll:

whorse said:
Of course you can, almost all PDA has this
feature.

hi,maybe it is easy to update for a palm os,but it is difficult for wince or pocket pc os.
but maybe you understand want microsoft have done in ppc,you can update it yourself,but microsoft will never do this.
the os of pda is programed in a flash,so the pda must have a boot program to update itself.so if a ppc os pda do not support this function,you can not update it.
and when new os comes,it need more powerful cpu,just like DOS for 486,win32 for 586,winxp for pIII.but the cpu in pda is very difficult to update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back