Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Can you suggest which one is best IC between these two for LED driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickooo

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I am working on led driver. The input volt is 12V dc and I want 9V constant current 2.5A as a led driver.
I have finally decided few ic with respect to specs, price and availability. The two are: 1. FL7760 https://in.element14.com/on-semicon...-sot-23-6/dp/2785464?st=constant current buck 2. ST1CC40DR https://docs.rs-online.com/d33a/0900766b81283cac.pdf

My priority is FL7760. But, I am bit unsure. Because the max current we get from FL7760 is 2.5A. And my purpose is to make 12Vto 9V 2.5 A constant current buck led driver circuit. Will border line of FL7760 of 2.5A survive with my requirement? Thanks in advance.

The part does have internal thermal protection, but designing to a parts maximum
parameter generally not good design practice. That being said the 2.5 spec is over T
so if your design environment is more constrained this helps.

Note this is peak MOSFET gate drive rating, so if MOSFET C tolerance sloppy that adds
to reduced design margin.

You could always contact ONSEMI and ask for an opinion....

Regards, Dana.

Hi, Thanks for the response. @danadakk
My application is driver for underwater light. I feel like, this ic will help me. I will add external thermal protection. But, can you tell me suitable simulation free software? For this ic.

I would contact ONSEMI to see if they support or have a SPICE model
for it.

Regards, Dana.

Status
Not open for further replies.