Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can you input and digitize NTSC analog video using PIC 16F877A?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mavric

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can i input and digitize NTSC analog video using PIC 16F877A.

Re: NTSC and PIC 16F877A

Unlikely, although it depends on what sample rate you want and what you are trying to do. The built in ADC is slow, I assume. You haven't enough RAM to store a frame. The processor isn't quick enough to process the video "on the fly". What do you actually want to do? I have done selective video feature extraction with a PIC but then I also had a CPLD and external memory (and some other analogue methods of pre-processing the data).

Keith.

Re: NTSC and PIC 16F877A

i thought the problem was the lack of memory so i used a micro S/D module. but processor speed too??
i am trying to do an automated guided vehicle using an only sensor (C628 enhanced jpeg module, already been bought).
any suggestions? as this is my graduation project and already a month has been lost

Status
Not open for further replies.