Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can you help me finding the value of this resistor please !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

interneti

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello !

I have a box "Bower and Wilkins Zeppelin ", i need to repair the power supply,
I need the value of a resistor (SMD) in the photo in atachment.
CAN YOU HELP ME PLEASE FIND THE VALUE OF THAT RESISTOR ??

THANK YOU !

Hello !

I have a box "Bower and Wilkins Zeppelin ", i need to repair the power supply,
I need the value of a resistor (SMD) in the photo in atachment.
CAN YOU HELP ME PLEASE FIND THE VALUE OF THAT RESISTOR ??

THANK YOU !

If you are going to fix the power supply, you are going to have to remove components anyways. So why not just remove the resistor and measure the resistance with a multimter. This would probably be the easiest method without having to guess.

-Willis

I found two transistor burned, i replaced them all,
The resistor that i want to replace was a SMD resistor that was burned ,and is impossible to read his value,
so i replace it with a 4.7 Ohm, but again the transistor burned when i supply the power supply,

Please can you help me finding the value of the burned resistor ?

In the first photo, the component circled in red looks like a transistor, not a resistor. In the second photo, the red arrow does not point to anything. What resistor are you talking about?

Reactions: FvM

FvM

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
The resistor is only shown in the second picture at the back end of the arrow, the circled transistor is to the left of this resistor (solder side).
The resistor seems to be a grey 1W wirewound type but how can we guess the value.

The only resistor that may be meant is this blurry detail...

I'm used to draw arrows pointing towards the detail of interest.

66_1345126643.gif

The resistor in the photo is not the original resistor, The original resistor was a SMD resistor (burned),
I need to know the true value of this resistor.

If You want to help for this my opinion is that you need to make better detailed, sharpen photo of both sides, and try to make circuit of that part of PCB near that resistor, also write transistors and other parts codes.

For now only Baba Wanga can help You.

;-)

The circuit looks like a half bridge converter (high side transistor T2 removed). The resistor is a current sense resistor. I won't be blown without a previous defect, e.g. T2/T3 or drive circuit/controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back