Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can you Help Identify a smd device for me M801

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deltatango

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
It is a tiny 6pin smd semiconductor marked M801 and is used in a 4.5v SMP @ 1A.

The circuit is based on the TNYxxxx chip with the usual optical feedback coupler which is fed by this M801, my first thought it was a TL431 format but those I have seen have the 431 tag, then I spotted another device marked S801 by ABLIC and began to wonder as these devices are used for voltage setting, with cheap import power supplies that are smp below 6volts they are a bit rough with some resorting to a standard zener to keep that optocoupler happy because a TL431 seems cranky trying to set a stable voltage that low.

From what I see that optocoupler wants about 2v to fire its LED plus 2.5v for the TL431 there is not much left to feed a standing current from say 5v output, so I figure that this 801 must be some other device.

Can anyone help in its identification please.............

Many Thanks from David

Hi,

What about a photo of the IC and the circuit around?

Klaus

Yes was waiting for better lighting as my camera is an old one and not that fancy @ 5Mp for pcb close ups. I enclose 3 pictures two non flash but adjusted, one with flash shows that component number.

As you can see it directly acts on the optical coupler while has sensor resistors to + and ground from power supply output.

If it can't be identified then I may have go with a TL431 just for fun!!

Many thanks from David

P.S. When I got this old camera years ago ebay kept moaning my pictures were to big, so had to reduce them to 640x480 (300,000 or so) now it seems they are too small and I have to enlarge them 200% some still not good enough!!!

Attachments

• SSA51243.JPG
    SSA51243.JPG
    674.9 KB · Views: 113
  • SSA51244.JPG
    SSA51244.JPG
    754.6 KB · Views: 124
  • SSA51245.JPG
    SSA51245.JPG
    679.9 KB · Views: 146

Just a guess - a clone of an LT4430.
Assuming the black wires are the outputs, it appears to be a secondary side optocoupler driver.

Brian.

Could be, will study things bit, though most copies of parts I have encountered been related to "older" Texas products, plus searching about the LT4430 did not throw up alternatives like other devices I have looked for in the past.

Thanks for giving me a direction to follow anyway.

David

I think from my breakdown of the circuit (have to check myself) unlike most power supplies which the optocoupler is ground based, this supply looks though like this optocoupler is fed first from the + supply through this M801 IC, then apart from it's voltage sense duties also monitors load current.

I have tried to search for this IC using many varied terms covering power management, if anyone can advise a better search category that may help.

Thanks from David

Thank you for sharing. Have you found a suitable solution now? If you find it, can you share it and give me a chance to refer to it?

I am a novice engaged in FORSUN CNC Router, but I am also interested in the circuit, there are many places to learn.

I pinged that IC off the board as it seems faulty anyway while I think about my next move and found another code which so far gets me nowhere again, but it may be recognised E506.

Many thanks for any help

David

Cracked it I hope its a TSM1051CLT marked M801, the pin outs seem to match so seems correct.

Thanks to those who have helped.......

David

Attachments

• TSM1051_STMicroelectronics.pdf
    109 KB · Views: 157

The circuit is based on the TNYxxxx chip with the usual optical feedback coupler which is fed by this M801, my first thought it was a TL431 format but those I have seen have the 431 tag, then I spotted another device marked S801 by ABLIC and began to wonder as these devices are used for voltage setting, with cheap import power supplies that are smp below 6volts they are a bit rough with some resorting to a standard zener to keep that optocoupler happy because a TL431 seems cranky trying to set a stable voltage that low.

From what I see that optocoupler wants about 2v to fire its LED plus 2.5v for the TL431 there is not much left to feed a standing current from say 5v output, so I figure that this 801 must be some other device.

Many Thanks from David
M801. Product information: application: non-precious metal/ceramic preparation. figure: round. accessoires: BS23 HP. Related Products. BS23 HP BS23 HP.

Many Thanks from David
Might it be assembled, or some variant?

The component is an TSM1051CLT marked M801 which is a sensitive voltage reference device that works with lower voltage outputs of power supplies than say a TL431 whose minimum voltage is about 2.5v, it has OP amp boosters to increase performance when working with <5v. I have fixed my board with that part and now works fine, the only thing I found is that its output control current of that smd is limited to 20mA max (so would suffer to control large load swings while it kept the voltage stable), while a newer version of it I think can handle up to 100mA.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.