Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can you convert GDS file to DEF format?

Status
Not open for further replies.

majd229

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
If you have a DEF and tech lef, and you convert the DEF to GDS using Synopsys ICC2.
Then you modify the GDS quickly, but now need to have a matching DEF.
Is there a tool/way to read in the new GDS, and tech lef, and write a DEF?

You might say, just edit the DEF and re-export GDS instead of editing GDS. I cannot do that, as there are multiple people in the firm that have different tasks, and they're different teams that don't interface with each other. So that's why I'm looking for a GDS > DEF conversion. Then later on, influence the firm to do things correctly.

Thank you

The best option is to export a PDF using whatever layout tool you are using, selecting the correct layers.

The best option is to export a PDF using whatever layout tool you are using, selecting the correct layers.

I mean no guide can really be up to date on this point, with looting banned and stoneforged released the meta is still to uncertain for a guide (especially for the SB). Should be able to find older guides that cover the basics tho.

Kodi nox

You can use write_def command inside Synopsys ICC2 tool.

I mean no guide can really be up to date on this point, with looting banned and stoneforged released the meta is still to uncertain for a guide (especially for the SB). Should be able to find older guides that cover the basics tho.
the what now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back