Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can you communicate to a specific usb port without a usb device, then later use FSK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skatefast08

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can you communicate to a specific usb port without a usb device? If so, I want to send a signal that I can transmit via RF to another device using FSK (Frequency Shift Keying). I can design the RF circuit, but have little knowledge about USB devices and how they work, but if I can communicate to a USB port using Visual studios (C++ knowledge), then I might be able to implement something.

Hi,

There are a lot of documents telling how USB works. From simple explanations ... up to very detailed.
Do a search and read through them.

It makes no sense to me ... at least I don't understand...please add a sketch.

Generally:
USB communication is "initiated" by the USB_device by pulling one of the USB_data lines HIGH/LOW (don't know exactly).
Which line (which level?) ... determines the device's USB standard (speed).
This means: the USB_master / the USB_hub can not know which speed to use before the USB_device is connected.

But besides this .... what/how do you want to communicate with a partner that does not exist?

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back