Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can the resonant frequency of a dielectric resonator shift drastically?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antenna94

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!

I am currently designing a dielectric resonator oscillator (DRO) with a fixed 4GHz frequency. I acquired some dielectric resonators and fashioned a cca. 50ohm microstrip line with 2 SMA connectors on its ends. I plugged the connectors into a vector network analyzer and placed a dielectric resonator cylinder next to the line, but however I moved it, it had practically zero effect. My frequency range was from 2 to 6GHz and tomorrow I will try with a a wider range, but is it possible that a dielectric resonator's frequency shifts so dramatically? I find it hard to believe.
(The measurement would be a strongly approximating one, the line is less than perfect, due to lack of time - I have a tight deadline as this is a school project - I used scraps of substrates and removed the copper with a razorblade and a box cutter.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back