Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Can the antenna spot the oscillation of cmos LC VCO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwonoh

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all.

I've got to know whether the fabricated V-band (around 60GHz) VCO oscillates or not.

However, the on-chip probing is not supported.
Instead, I'm utilizing the antenna which has a gain about 20dB to detect V-band tone.

First, I connected the antenna to the spectrum with adequate equipment to support V-band and its operation is confirmed since it noticed the 60GHz signal source.
And then the power is supplied to the VCO and I placed the antenna above the chip which includes VCO to detect the VCO tone.
However, I failed to detect the VCO tone from it and I'm not convinced that this situation indicates the VCO doesn't work. I want to hear your opinion about it.

Can the antenna spot the oscillation of VCO? The VCO is fabricated in the CMOS process and the type is LC.

Thanks,

At this high mmWave frequency, definitely you should pick-up some signal if the VCO is working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back