Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can someone help me......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sneha Kapoor

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have taken an char array as p[26]={'a','b','c','d','e','f','g','h','i'---so on till--,'z'}
I want to select an alphabet say (a),write it at a memory location,read it from same memory location and then display it on lcd.Next,i want to select another alphabet ,write it ,read it at next location and then display it next to the first alphabet displayed.Likewise ,choosing an alphabet each time I want to display a string on lcd.

You want to print all the alphabets on lcd or you want to display particular characters depends upon some decision.

Its called a 'print' statement.

Without knowing any details of what you are really wanting to do, here are some hints.

1)Define your circuit
2)Get the LCD data sheet.
3)look at the write operation for the LCD
4)write the minimal code necessary to write the character 'A'
5)now do the same thing, but add your offset to the character code you just wrote.
6)loop back to 4 for the length of the string you want to print
7)stop when done

That should work for any circuit.

As a reverse engineer by trade, I have to work on some pretty bizzare items. From experience, just start slow and build up.

Hope this helps,

Red

I want that when I press a key in the keypad,a single character should be selected ,write at location (0xFF01),read from same location and then display on lcd.Like this I want to select more characters to form a string which is to be displayed on the LCD after writing & reading .

Is you want to print a character when a particular key will be press?
like if 1 is press 'A' will be displayed,if 26 is entered from keypad 'Z' will be displayed.
OR your logic is something else.

Hi,

Tell me, for which controller u want this program??

I have a code for LPC21xx.
Which read a character when a is key pressed and display same on LCD.

krajeev

I am using C8051f120 microcontroller kit and a 2x16 lcd display screen.I have used 3 keys:Up,Down and Ok.When I press Up key my character increments from A to Z,and when I press Down key it decrements.I have taken an array p[26]={'A','B','C','D','E','F','G','H','I','J','K','L','M','N','O','P','Q','R','S','T','U','V','W','X','Y','Z'};

When I press 'up' key my alphabets keep incrementing and vice-versa on pressing down key.I want that when I press 'Up' key the character selected should be wriiten at memory location (0xFF01),reqad from same location and then to be displayed on the lcd screen.Next,I move to select another alphabet using up/down key.again I want to write that selected character on the next location (0xFF02).and move to select more characters which are to be displayed one after the other.

is it necessary to store at some memroy location?
in c we usually dont need to deal with memory locations. u can use linked list for this purpose.

The question is getting defined in steps! The final answer may begin coming when the problem is defined.

...assemble the packets(questions) recd in any order
and make(build) the complete message...

srizbf
11thmay2010

For showing the alphabets when the up/down key is press you can simply use switch case statement.no need to store alphabets at particular location.

problem in steps regarding flash READ/WRITE...

I have taken an array p[26]={'A,'B','C','D','E','F','G','H','I','J','K','L','M','N','O','P','Q','R','S','T','U','V','W','X','Y','Z'};
I am using 16x2 lcd.I am using 3 keys on the keypad (UP/DOWN/OK) keys.

I will define my problem in steps:
1) I want to select an alphabet from array p[26] using UP/DOWN keys.
2) UP key increments the character and DOWN key decrements the character.
3) When I select a character using UP/DOWN key ,the character displayed on the screen should be selected.
4) Now I press OK key to write that character on (0xFF01) location,then after writing read from same location and then display on the lcd.
5)loop back to step 1,select another character ,write it at next location, read it and display at next position to prevoius displayed character.
6)repeat until a string is displayed.
7)finish

This the problem which I want to solve.and yes,its compulsory to store characters in flash memorylocations because they could be retrieved at any time.

Re: problem in steps regarding flash READ/WRITE...

Sneha Kapoor said:
I have taken an array p[26]={'A,'B','C','D','E','F','G','H','I','J','K','L','M','N','O','P','Q','R','S','T','U','V','W','X','Y','Z'};
I am using 16x2 lcd.I am using 3 keys on the keypad (UP/DOWN/OK) keys.

I will define my problem in steps:
1) I want to select an alphabet from array p[26] using UP/DOWN keys.
2) UP key increments the character and DOWN key decrements the character.
3) When I select a character using UP/DOWN key ,the character displayed on the screen should be selected.
4) Now I press OK key to write that character on (0xFF01) location,then after writing read from same location and then display on the lcd.
5)loop back to step 1,select another character ,write it at next location, read it and display at next position to prevoius displayed character.
6)repeat until a string is displayed.
7)finish

This the problem which I want to solve.and yes,its compulsory to store characters in flash memorylocations because they could be retrieved at any time.

hi.. Sneha Kapoor..
a good day to you..

i am working on the same problem too..
could you please provide me codes of your work cause i am really struggling to solve this matter... hope you reply soon.. thanks..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back