Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can share your experiences in basestation antenna design

Status
Not open for further replies.

XuQing

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi ALL,

I design a 5-elements dipole antenna array for basestationantenna use. But the VSWR is not as good as simulation results from HFSS. Can anyone share your experiences in BSA design ?

Best Regard,
XuQing[/b]

djalli,

I use air-filled microstrip-line to feed signal and coupling to diple with a gap. Results from HFSS9.0 as follows.
Simulation: VSWR <1.3
Test: VSWR(max) =1.65
I'm not sure what's the most reasons.
1) due to HFSS errors
2) due to machining
3) due to design method
4) else
How do you think about this problem?

thank you!

It could be your air filled transmission line. Is the method of supporting the conductor above the ground plane included in your simulation? Another thing to do is get the input impedance real and imaginary part in both simulation and measurements. This will give you more clues than a single number (SWR) parameter.

flatulent,

Yes, I included the dielectric supporting in my simulation. But test is not in an anechoic chamber. Is that important in SWR testing?
Another case is I must enlarge the arm of dipole 20mm long than simulation data to get a tradeoff return-loss response.
Some wrong happens in simulation?

thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back