Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can license file in solaris be used in linux?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maple_tao

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
solaris license.dat

I want to know, could license files of eda tools for solaris version be used for the same tools of linux version? if yes, how to set them?
anybody can help me? thank a lot.

linux change hostid 8 digit

I think if you license file hasn't have information of sun workstation(such as
hostid ,hard number) ,you can use in linux
or windows.the linux and solaris license
is some,they are create by some tools.

hostname and hostid for solaris

Yes! Just change your HostID in license file.

solaris create hostid file

How to check your HOSTID in your linux box, without using any lmutil related command?

If I have a funcitonal license.dat for windows, can I use the same license.dat for linux in the same PC?

Thanks

hostid solaris linux

wpwang said:
Yes! Just change your HostID in license file.

change the license file HOSTID? not the machine hostid?

apply license file for solaris

Illegal post removed by Mod.

ckeck hostid in linux

if you license file is floating for sever & feature, not node locked. you can do it. just change your hostname.

8-digit mac address solaris

at promt: type hostid

or type lmhostid.

They will retrurn different ID. depends on which id the lic file ------------------------- you will need to change the right one.

Illegal part removed by Mod.

If you changed the hostid, the license file -----------------------------.
Otherwise, the license file cannot be start!

sulifen said:
If you changed the hostid, the license file --------------.
Otherwise, the license file cannot be start!

sulifen is right,
One more thing to remind, if the license file you got is hostname and hostid free( means hostname=any hostid =any). You may just change or do nothing about it, and license can be used on both linux and solaris....

Regards,

to get hostname: cat $HOSTNAME <cr>
to get MAC: ipconfig <cr>
I think that you must NOT edit the HostID field directly in license file, otherwise all licensed features will be invalid. No matter what is it a floating type or a node-locked type. You simply cannot do that way without ------------------.

Illegal part removed by Mod

normally, you couldn't change hostid field, but for hostid=any, you can give a hostid on there. you don't need ----------------------.
hostname & port number, you can change them what you want.

Illegal part removed by Mod

if hostid is ANY, version is the same. The license can be used in all OS.

In most case, you can use the license file in both OS.
But, if you use s-y-n-p-l-i-c-i-y tool, it seems there are some OS information hidden in license file.
The license could be used in SUNOS and not in Linux.

most tool in solaris is lock hostid
and Linux tools is lock on mac address
you can use " ifconfig " check the mac address
in solaris can change ------
in linux is same

Alcohol

Warned.

It seems that EDA license uses 12-digit MAC as HOSTID on LINUX while it uses 8-digit HOSTID on SUN.

That's true. In Linux, your MAC address (12 Hex characaters instead of 8 in Sun) will be the hostid. So if you have a Solaris license file with hostid encrypted in it, the license will not be started.

Does anyone know how to cheat the ----------- issue under Linux environment?

Illegal part removed by mod.

some licenses can work on Linux & Unix

if the hostid is free,you can use it at any platform ,others......:)

when you ----------- make it ----------- and use your linux hostname not the hostid. for this to work you 1st make your windows machine name same as your linux machine name, ---------- windows and copy it to linux machine. for example if the hostname for linux is "whimpy", change your windows computer name to "whimpy" in control panel, -------------------------------- and then you can change your windows machine name back to whatever it was. this method works for both solaris and linux.

Warned.

Status
Not open for further replies.