Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can INTEL i3/i5 CPU be used to install RHEL 4.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunjimmy

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Thank you for your reply first.

I am going to build a new Linux box for EDA simulation recently.
I plan to use intel i3/i5 4-core CPU to install RHEL 4.0, but i am worrying that whether I will encounter compatible problems or difficult-to-solve HW driver issue or not?

Can anyone who had the experience to provide me some suggestion?
If you can post your HW configuration, that will be very great, too.

sunjimmy

i tested ubuntu and good OS on my i3 intel motherboard, it works good, i seems no compatibility problems, alternatively , u just search with the keywords of ur problem as ' RHEL 4.0 i5 compatibility problems' whether their is problems it will show you. . .

Works fine here on an i7.

The processor type is unlikely to determine compatibility as they are all almost identical as far as software is concerned. It's the other peripherals on the board that might cause problems but Intel drivers should be supported without any issues.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.