Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Can IE3D find near-field TX/RX transfer function?

Status
Not open for further replies.

streamlet

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to watch the path loss when the rx antenna is placed in the near field of the tx antenna. Since there is no exact expression like Friis equation to predict that, I refer to EM simulator. There is "find tx/rx transfer function" embedded in IE3D, however, I think it would fail when the far field condition is not satisfied, since it depends on the far field radiation patterns of tx/rx antennas. Can anyone confirm this? Thx!

If you want to find the Tx/Rx transfer function for near field, you will need to simulate the 2 antennas as one single structure. It should be the only reliable way because the 2 antennas will interact with each other in near field zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back