Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can IBIS model include Analog buffer and Digital buffer

Status
Not open for further replies.

skynet

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a question here, is a IBIS model can have digital i/o buffer and analog i/o buffer?

Skynet,

Thanks for your question about IBIS! In short, yes, but it depends on the version and the context.

IBIS was originally designed to model the analog behaviors of digital interface buffers (PCI, etc.). If you are trying to model crystal connections or reference voltage inputs, you may have some trouble using IBIS, as most IBIS-compatible tools are still oriented toward digital interfaces.

More recent versions of IBIS (4.1 and 4.2) can support both digital and analog features, through links to VHDL-AMS and/or Verilog-AMS code. This is new, so support for it under tools is still growing. However, it may support the kinds of signals you are interested in analyzing.

The specification is being upgraded to support serdes features like clock recovery. See the IBIS website for details.

I hope this helps!

- Michael Mirmak
Intel Corp.
Chair, EIA IBIS Open Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back