Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can i using hyperterminal interface USB 2 RS 232

Status
Not open for further replies.

J_expoler2

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hyperterminal usb

can i using hyperterminal interface USB 2 RS 232
it can control dongle as RS232 form mainboard

usb hyperterminal

Same answer as on your other question

When the USB device's driver is implemented as a virtual com port it can be used as a normal comport
this means that hyperterminal is able to send/receive data to/from the usb2rs232 device (And yes, i've used hyperterminal to do that)

Antharax

using hyperterminal with usb

Hey ...

With which driver or tool can i simulate a COM Port with a USB cable?

Thanks for helping..!

Angori

hyperterminal usb port

Thanks
when i running with DOS it can't work but in windows it work how i doing for running via dos
BR.

hyperterminal with usb

Hi,
Usually, drivers for usb com ports are for windows only. You cannot access the virtual com port from dos

usb2rs232

Hi

And with which driver works that under Windows?

Thx!

hyperterminal usb connection

Hi,
Each usb-rs232 ic converter has its own drivers. There is no "generic" driver for this. One example of such chip is PL2303 (www.prolific.com.tw) . Another is FT232BM (www.ftdichip.com). Each chip has its own set of drivers for diff. versions of windows as well as for other os (linux, mac). Manufacturers of cable adapters usb-rs232 have to supply a media with drivers. As far as I know, most manufacturers use pl2303 from prolific. It is widespread.

hyperterminal for usb

Is there no way working without an adapter?

I heard something about software simulated COM ports for working with Hyper Terminal..

how to use hyperterminal rs232

Maybe there are some ..let's say dumb drivers which install a fake com port in your os. But if you want to interface a rs232 device over the USB bus, you will need an adapter and apropriate drivers.

using hyperterminal

Thanks!

Do you know one of them by name? ..or link?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back