Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I use two amplifiers for one signal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

contactz

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
isit possile to amplifier asignal twice? i have a source range between 0.2V-0.25V. would like to amplifier it to provide output of 1-5V. But i only manage to amplifer it 10x meaning 2-2.5V.. can i amplifier this again to get output between 1-5V only?

Re: 2x amplifier

Follow your first amplifier by a second amplifier. You will need to introduce an offset.

2x amplifier

yes, you can.
for offset, you can use low offset amp.

Maybe, a level shift has to be added in the precede of amplifier.

Then, you can constrcute a feedback amplifier to amplify it within the 1~5v.

2x amplifier

yes, you must use an operational amplifer!

What you need is to amplify the signal 80 times, since your input range is only 50mV, from 0.2 to 0.25V. Then you subtract an offset to make the output range 1~5V.
Take a look at this circuit. It should do what you need. Adjust the 0.19V reference to get 1V at output with 0.2V input and adjust one of the resistors to get 5V with 0.25V input.

Status
Not open for further replies.