Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Can i use the Case with Expression , (in switch statement)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micro Lover

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
is it possible to use the Case with Expression

e.g

Code:
switch (A)
	{
	case (A > 1 && A < 10):

break;

}

I'm not sure, but I think you can depending on the compiler. In VB, I can do this, so I think you can do this in VC++ as well. I don't know about other compilers though.

---------- Post added at 05:24 ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 ----------

However in VB, I would use
Code:
case (> 1 and <10)
You don't need to mention A in the case function as A is the variable which you are testing. Why don't you try it out and see?

Micro Lover;942988 said:
is it possible to use the Case with Expression

Code:
  switch (A)
  {
	case (A > 1 && A < 10):

break;

}

The above switch statement is invalid in C and C++. The case label must consist of the reserve word, "case" followed by a constant expression and ending with a colon.

"(A > 1 && A < 10)" is not a constant expression.

BigDog

hello bigdogguru,can you plz provide some useful codes in c using switch case:I am doing like

switch(period){
case 15:printf(lcd_putc,"10%%");
delay_ms(500);

I want to test the period of square wave signal and then if the period is 15ms(viwable on the lcd),I want the lcd to print 10%.;etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back