Can I use some portable heaters as the AC load for the power supply units?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abc2100

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I need some expert advices.
Can I use some portable heaters as the AC load for the power supply units. My power supply is 120vac output ( some 240vac output). I have some portable heaters w/rating 1500W, 12.5 Aac and with 4 settings: Fan, Low, Medium and High. If OK for 120vAC, can I use this heater with 240Vac, of course will not use the fan?
Thanks

abc2100

Re: Mini portable heater

No, You will over heat the element on the high setting

can I use this heater with 240Vac, of course will not use the fan?
- You most likely can't use it without operating the fan
- depending on the circuit, there's a certain chance, that the "low" setting uses a series connection of two heater elements and gives full power of 1500 W @ 240 VAC. But you would need to modify the fan supply. Just connecting it to 240 VAC is likely to blow the device.

Thanks for your advises.
Is there anyone know who does carry the small portable heater 120/240vac option in the market?
Thanks

Attach. is my drawing of 4 mini heaters that connect in series and parallel for 120vac and 240vac.
Is it ok for 240va?

Thanks

Attachments

• heater.pdf
    12.8 KB · Views: 82

Series connection of two 120 V heaters for 240 V operation is correct. But I don't agree to the current numbers written to the power inputs. Maximum rating will be 50 A 120V respectively 25 A 240 V.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…