Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I use single RF Receiver module ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

milan.rajik

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My system is a wireless system. I have two transmitters which have HT12E with address selection through DIP switchs. Each transmitter board can send its data simultaneously. My question is, Can I use single 433 MHz RF receiver module at receiver and feed its DOUT to two HT12D circuits with address selection through respective DIP switches or should I use two RF 433 MHz receiver modules, one for each HT12D circuit ?

You need 2 different receivers for different transmitters. HT12D cannot differentiate between two different transmission data. Both data received by a single 433MHz receiver will be mixed up.
You can use single receiver only if you can make sure any one transmitter transmits at a time.

Working on single frequency but with many transmitters & receivers requires "Listen before talk" technology, similar to CAN.

You can use single receiver only if you can make sure any one transmitter transmits at a time

The D8-D11 the 4 inputs of HT12E are connected to 4 switches. I want to know whether HT12E transmits data only when there is a change in inputs are will it be transmitting the Data pins status every few mill seconds.

As per the datasheet, HT12E will keep transmitting data as long as you keep the TE pin low. Gap between each 12 bit data will be 1/3rd of a single bit, depending on oscillating frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back