Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I use Protel software to simulate digital IF receiver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Circuit_seller

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Digital IF Receiver

Hi

I am designing a High Sampling Rate Digital receiver with following building blocks:
1-ADC is AD6645 105MSPS 14-bit
2-DDC is GC4016, 100 MSPS 4-ch
3-...

To design a good pcb layout for acheiving the claimed specifications of the ADC i decided to use PSD to simulate this Mixed-Mode board.
Unfortunately, i am not familiar with this software, and i think it take too much to be familiar with it.
My question is: Is it possible to use lower level softwares such as P*otel to do this job?

Professinal answers are welcomed.

Re: Digital IF Receiver

Hi,
Since the sampling rate is large, you will run into trouble if not handled.
1) Give the design to someone who can do it. You dont have to learn.
2) Follow basic rules and do it yourself. Do not simulate. 50% chance of working.
Hope this helps
B R M

Hi

I want to implement it suceesfully.
Please show the way to sucess.

Regards

Hi,
I guess you want to implement it yourself. So make a significantly large board with significant spacing between components and follow the layout recommendations. Also post this in google groups/ elektroda RF section. You will get better help.
B R M

it's a challege to do that about high sample. yout must read the specification.

Hi brmadhukar

Thank you for your advise. but i can not find the group.
Can you specify the link?

Regards

enter in groups.google.com Digital Receiver/ Software Radio you will find host of links. I assume no problem with elektroda

Hi

I have posted a question like above question in some of the electrical groups of yahoo. but did not get any answer.
Is ther anyone in elektroda that has this kind of experiences to help me speed up design process?

Regards

in fact ,not worry about it,choose a good PCB material,then at the first time use a large board,then just try it

I designed the same assy, with the same ADCs and I'm routing with Expedition PCB.

Hi BGA

Are you using any software to simulate Signal Integrity, EMC and EMI issues?
As you know a Digital IF Receiver consists of high speed and sensitive anlaog parts, how i can simulate my ground plane noise to select a good frequency center for analog input to acheivemaximum SNR?

Regards

I didn't make any simulation but in expedition you can simulate signals with signal vision.

Hi

Did you sucessfully design the board for estimated specifications?

Regards

Digital IF Receiver

you can design a lab board to implement some function and ensure them work well, and then design whe whole system based on above the laboratory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back