Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can i use microcontroler to switch load from one source to another

Status
Not open for further replies.

saqib49

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi friends! I am locking to create a mechanism for my room some thing like that

when there is less load lets say only fan is running then power should be consumed from the generator. But when load increases (i switch on other devices like lights and computer) ,all the load should be automatically shifted to the main company power line.
And similarly when again load decreases (i switch off my pc and lights) , load automatically shift back to generator.

So basically i wants a circuit or device which can automatically transfer all the load of room from generator to main line when load increases,and transfer it back to generator when load decreases.

plz help me

Hello,

I would use an inductor near your mains cable to determine how much current is being used. A similar system is used in the British Gas Enery monitoring system.

To switch the loads I would use relays making sure that they can handle the amounts of current you wish to transfer through them. You will probably need transistors to boost the output current from the microcontroller to allow you to switch the relay coils on and off.

You may have to use IGBT depending on the power requirement of your system. IGBT has a low switching time compared to Relays.

Lakmal

you can use current transformer to detect current on your cables..

or you could use Hall effect sensors.

thanks every one for helping me,
there are lot of Ic's for current sensing.can i use any Ic for my system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back