Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I use JTAG ICE INSTEAD OF programmer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leilarazavi2000

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how can i use jtagice isp

HI

I want to build JTAG ICE in system debuger

I read that jtag ice can reprogram flash ( write BREAK ins. to avr for stop avr at break point )

Can I use JTAG ICE INSTEAD OF STK200 programmer to full programing avr ?

jtag ice 16

Yes,with JTAG you can do software debugging and programming of micro in both JTAG and in ISP mode.

In JTAG mode you can program FLASH and EEPROM and Fuse bits ,you can do this also in ISP mode of JTAG ICE.

jtagice isp mode

but jtag connector is different to ISP connector !

**broken link removed**

It 's work. :D

leilarazavi2000 said:
but jtag connector is different to ISP connector !

Thats correct because ISP uses SPI interface for programming and JTAG uses Test Port signals as defined in JTAG specs. Thats why programming algorithm and signals used in both the cases are also different. Basically programming is achieved in two totally different ways.

In AVR studio in tools menu connect to JTAG ICE.

In the appeared windows you can select JTAG as interface and program micro with JTAG port (you should use JTAG connector in hardware)

I the appeared window you can select ISP as interface and program micro with ISP port(you should use ISP connector in hardware0

i did ,t found JTAG ICE plan and avr ..

can u help me

I have successfully built JTAG ICE clone and it is working for me. yes you can program AVRs with this JTAG adapter, but only those who have JTAG port in it.
Building AVR Jtag clone
Testing AVR Jtag in action
24_1168542596.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.