Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I use different kinds of MOSFETs in one circuit (.18 CMOS process)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

berryfan

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In .18 process,there are some kinds of mosfet,for example,mos in 3.3V ,mos in 1.8V,can I use them in one circuit.thanks!

.18 cmos question

Sure, you can use it in one circuit.
3.3V mos has thick oxide.

.18 cmos question

thanks very much!
but can it affect the other mos 1.8V,because the process of them isn't same,so I'm afriad of the simulation result.

.18 cmos question

As long as I know, there's no effect if you obey design rules.

.18 cmos question

thanks a lot ljy4468

.18 cmos question

Any PDK has at least 2 types of transistors: core and I/O , in this case 1.8 transistors are for core, and 3.3 for I/O ( transistors that are connected cu I/O pads ). Usually when you have to interconect thoes two, you use a level shifter.

.18 cmos question

obi1,level shifter,you mean that 3.3V mos should use under 3.3V.so I must make the 1.8 up to 3.3 through a level shifter,then ,I can use 3.3V under 3.3V.

Re: .18 cmos question

berryfan said:
In .18 process,there are some kinds of mosfet,for example,mos in 3.3V ,mos in 1.8V,can I use them in one circuit.thanks!

Of course can.

3.3V and 1.8V means the power supply of the mosfet.

.18 cmos question

but it have not any affect?I still doubt it.because the process of making it is different.

Added after 5 minutes:

by the way,how many the simulation parameters of regulator are there?thanks.I mean all parameter we should concern.

just a quick glance of this thread.

i guess to convince yourself, you should run simulation and check if any of the devices are breakdown.

berryfan said:
but it have not any affect?I still doubt it.because the process of making it is different.

Added after 5 minutes:

by the way,how many the simulation parameters of regulator are there?thanks.I mean all parameter we should concern.

For LDO, there are quiet a few parameters need to be considered, such as load regulation......

I also think you can

.18 cmos question

you can. the other concern is cost. more device means more cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back