Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I use an off-the-shelf transformer with LED ring light?

Status
Not open for further replies.

david85282

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have an expensive LED ring light (12V / 6 W). The manufacturer also supplies an expensive 24VDC power supply that must be connected to connected to an equally expensive 12V output controller to power the LEDs and control intensity.

I don't need the intensity control, so why can't I just connect the ring light to an off-the-shelf regulated 12VDC 500mA transformer? That would save me a lot of cost and some space and wiring. What are the dangers of doing this?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Can I use an off-the-shelf transformer with LED ring lig

can u plzz tell the exact model of ur LED light system, may be the controller has some Current limiting mechanism along with light intensity control

Re: Can I use an off-the-shelf transformer with LED ring lig

Here is the manual for the controller:

**broken link removed**

hameeds01 said:
can u plzz tell the exact model of ur LED light system, may be the controller has some Current limiting mechanism along with light intensity control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back