Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I use 5000uF 50V instead of 4700uF 50V in Inverter 700VA output rating board ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

antonio rosario

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can I use 5000uF 50V instead of 4700uF 50V in Inverter 700VA output rating board ?

Hi,

Many electrolytics capacitors have a tolerance of +/-20%. Then you are well within tolerance range.

5000uF is not included in E-series. I wonder why they produce non standard values at all -- if not esoecially trimmed to that value.
The E series standard is more than 50 years old ... and makes sense even now.

Klaus

Probably. But without a schematic how can you expect anyone to make an intelligent response??
sorry. I have no schematics. I found bulgy capacitor in my so I tried to replace it with new so shop keeper told suggested 5000uF. since I am not aware of the ratings then I have bought 4700uF capacitor.so raised a question here to know whether he is right or not.

Inverter model is Microtek 700VA sinwave

Hi,

more important than 4700uF vs 5000uF is that you buy the right one reagrding ESR and operation frequency .. maybe also temperature range.

Klaus

"shop keeper" is obviously guessing also. If you can't read the value, then you can only guess. If it is on the output you likely will have no problem with it, but I would scope it out under load to verify it is doing its job. And insure the voltage is less than 35V or less.
If it is in the inverter circuitry (high freq gen part), then you may have a problem without the exact specifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back