Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Can i substitute BS250 for BSP254A?

Status
Not open for further replies.

omega6

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey Guys..

Im building a PicKit 2. Im unable to find the BS250 and could only find the BSP254A transistor. So i would like to know if i could use the BSP254A in place of the BS250. Pls someone try to answer my question.

Thanx.

For BS250 you need to be careful.This device is available from Phillips in different pin configurations but on request.But it is good to confirm the pinning before use.

BSN254 has also 2-versions of pinning as,

1=Gate.
2=Drain.
3=Source.

BSN254A has pinning as,

1=Source
2=Gate
3=Drain

Reactions: omega6

omega6

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
mister_rf thank you for answering my question and advising me.:)

---------- Post added at 00:17 ---------- Previous post was at 00:14 ----------

liteon thank you for answering my question, but its BSP250A not BSN254A. :)

---------- Post added at 00:23 ---------- Previous post was at 00:17 ----------

Hey Guys...

I have another question. Can i substitute IRF9Z34 for IRFI9Z34G? Pls tell me whether it can match the IRF9Z34 requirements.

Thanx.

Yes, you may replace the MOSFET, that’s basically almost the same transistor only in a Isolated Package. The continuous drain current = 8-9A, that’s lower than 12A for the original IRF9Z34 , but in this application the MOSFET switching the power supply towards the target circuit is overrated, MOSFET used only to achieve the lowest possible voltage-drop on the power line.
Anyway, if the target circuit consumes no more than 100mA you may to use a lower power, see for example BS250.

Reactions: omega6

omega6

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Omega6.Sorry for my wrong answer.Pinning difference is same in both cases for BSN254 and BSP254

mister_rf thanx again for answering my question and advising me. By the way i didnt understand this line "the MOSFET switching the power supply towards the target circuit is overrated". The circuit is a usb pic programmer (PicKit 2) and what is the BS250 doing here? Im a newbie so i really appreciate any help of yours. Thanx

See attachment below...

Attachments

• usbpicprog-through-hole-compact.pdf
    7.4 MB · Views: 117

liteon No problem brother. Anyway thanx for answering my question. I could use your information as a guideline in the future.

I have made the assumption you are using the schematics presented here:

**broken link removed**

Here you find all the elements: BS250, IRF9Z34... :-D

BS250 are used for switching Vdd to the ZIF connector output line.

Attachments

• pk21-mod-sch.png
    pk21-mod-sch.png
    25.4 KB · Views: 95

I saw that article before. It has a inductor which is unable to find in my area, so im using this schematic :

usbpicprog » Hardware

and ofcourse BS250 and IRF9Z34 are mentioned there. The thing is i couldn't find the BS250 for the above schematic so bought a BSP254A and IRFI9Z34G hoping i could use them.:)

So you mean BS250 can supply a variable voltage according to the pic type (Pic16F84A needs 13.5v for programming and others 5v or 2.5v).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back